Horse Riding < Back
There is perhaps no better way to enjoy the unique peace and laid-back pace of the Loop Head peninsula than on horseback. If you feel like saddling up, Carmen’s Riding School can offer short or long treks on quiet country roads with beautiful views over the Shannon Estuary, Poulnasherry Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. Short treks last either one or two hours, while half-day trips take a leisurely four to five hours.
Novice riders can also avail of riding lessons, either privately or in small groups, tailored to all ages and abilities. Carmen, a former social worker, has a great deal of experience working with both children and adults with special needs, especially autism, so people with special needs are more than welcome.
In the high season, Carmen’s Riding School offers summer camps, usually from Monday to Friday.
Carmen’s Riding School is situated in Querrin, 10 minutes’ drive from Kilkee and Carrigaholt.
Dates for Summer Pony Camps 2020
Age 7 -12 year olds – Beginners and Intermediate:
- 29th June to 3rd of July, 10am to 3pm
- 13th to 17th of July, 10am to 3pm
- 20th to 24th of July, 10am to 3pm
- 27th to 31st of July, 10am to 3pm
- 10th to 14th of August, 10am to 3pm
- 17th to 21st of August, 10am to 3pm
Age 10 – 14 year olds – Intermediate and Advanced
- 6th July to 10th July, 10am to 4pm
- 3rd August to 7th August, 10am to 4pm